With the recent legalization in some states of this important herb once grown by our Founding Fathers in every state of the USA we recognize an opportunity to support the responsible cultivation of Hemp for the purpose of extracting the medicinal oils present in this health supporting herb. Cottage industries will also prosper creating value added products from what remains after extraction takes place thereby creating many supply chain opportunities and employment for local people.
This popular natural remedy used for many common ailments. Better known as CBD, it is one of the 104 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant, Cannabis sativa (1).
Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the main psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis, and causes the sensation of getting “high” that’s often associated with marijuana. However, unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive. This quality makes CBD an appealing option for those who are looking for relief from pain and other symptoms without the mind-altering effects of marijuana or certain pharmaceutical drugs which may have undesirable side affects.
CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant, then diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut or hemp seed oil. Due to the fact that it is gaining momentum in the health and wellness world, with many scientific studies confirming it may help treat a variety of ailments like chronic pain and anxiety. HomaGrown Medicinals feels strongly that by assisting those growers of Hemp for the purpose of extracting CBD oils we are accomplishing these very important goals and objectives for the growers and their eventual customers and consumers of these extracted oils.
- Assisting them to produce a high quality and chemical free bio mass from which the oils will be extracted.
- Increasing the active ingredient content and quality of that bio mass so important to the farms profitability.
- Improving the soil and sparing the environment and ground water the possibility of chemical contamination.
- Improving the micro climate and ecology of the farm location 200 acres in total.
- Assuring that adequate ground water and rainfall is available for use on the farm which is another collateral benefit of Homa Organic Farming.
- Due to the fact that a single central location wherein the Homa Fires are practiced daily the benefits extend out 500 meters in all directions encompassing a 200 acres area. This means that in many cases these benefits will overflow to other land collateral to the targeted farming operation. This could be forested area or other adjacent farms.
- The costs are minimal save the time required to perform the Homa Fires.
These are just a few of the obvious and valuable benefits to the growers yet there are numerous others that may accrue to those who consume the final product in the form of CBD oil.
One such benefit is the potency of the CBD oil another is its purity and finally its energetic essence can also be considered an important value added benefit to the consumer.
It is also important to note that as these farming methodologies are implemented and the results are validated specific to this industry many other growers will come to know of these vitally important benefits and as a result may also take full advantage of these powerful and beneficial farming methods and protocols so needed in our world today.